FarnaFarain

My photo
bangi, selangor, Malaysia
We are from Tesl B We was named by Farnafarain Saidatulain Ahmad Farhan Ahmad Farouq Hatim Nabihah We all hope, the visitor can grab something from here AND don't just view and forgot to have some reading... We hope this segment can improve your English language then will increase your comprehension on grammar. That's all from us.. GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING

28 December 2010

english grammar-questions

1)Yes/No questions - be

Subject and verb change their position in statement and question.
statement You are from Germany.
question Are you from Germany?
We always use the short answer, not only "Yes" or "No". This sounds rude.
NOTE:
If the answer is "Yes", we always use the long form.
Example: Yes, I am.

If the answer is "No", we either use the long or the contrated form (short form).
Example: No, I am not - No, I'm not.
you from Germany? Yes, I am.
No, I am not.
'm not.
he your friend? Yes, he is.
Peter and John from England? Yes, they are.


2) Questions with question words - be

Question word Verb Rest Answer
Where you from? I'm from Stuttgart.
What your name? My name is Peter.
How Pat and Sue? They're fine.


3) Yes/No Questions and short answers - have

Auxiliary Subject Verb Rest Yes/No Subject Auxiliary
(+ n't)
you got a cat? Yes, I
you got a new car? No, we
your brother got a bike? Yes, he
you have a cat? Yes, I
you have a new car? No, we
your brother have a bike? Yes, he


4) Questions with question words - have

Question word Auxiliary Subject Verb Rest Answer
Where you got your ruler? I've got it in my pencil case.
Where you have your ruler? I have it in my pencil case.


5) Questions without question words in the Simple Present

Auxiliary Subject Verb Rest Yes/No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't)
you read books? Yes, I
No, I
Peter play football? Yes, he


6) Questions with question words in the Simple Present

Question word Auxiliary Subject Verb Rest Answer
What you play on your computer? I play games on my computer.
When your mother go to work? She goes to work at 6 o'clock.
Where you meet your friends? I meet them at the bus stop.


7) Questions without question words in the Simple Past

Auxiliary Subject Verb Rest Yes/No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't)
Max play football? Yes, he
No, he
you watch the film yesterday? Yes, I
No, I
to be Subject xxx Rest Yes/No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't)
you in Leipzig last week? Yes, I
No, I


8) Questions with question words in the Simple Past

Question word     Auxiliary      Subject     Verb Rest Answer
What       you      do    yesterday evening?      I did my homework.
When       she   meet     her boyfriend?    She met him yesterday.
Where      they      go    after the match?     They went to a cafĂ©.
Question word   to be Subject xxxxx  Rest Answer
Where you     yesterday?        I was at the cinema.


9) Subject question

Question word     Verb Rest  Subject    Verb      Object - Place - Time
     runs         to the shop?        runs         to the shop.


10) Object question

Question word     Auxiliary          Subject    Verb    Rest Answer
       do            you     like?           I like my mum.
      did         Mandy   phone     last Monday?     Mandy phoned her uncle.
Subject question               Object question
phoned John? did John phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment