FarnaFarain

My photo
bangi, selangor, Malaysia
We are from Tesl B We was named by Farnafarain Saidatulain Ahmad Farhan Ahmad Farouq Hatim Nabihah We all hope, the visitor can grab something from here AND don't just view and forgot to have some reading... We hope this segment can improve your English language then will increase your comprehension on grammar. That's all from us.. GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING

02 January 2011

SOCIAL EXPRESSIONS IN DAILY LIFE

GREETINGS

  • Good morning, Sir.
  • Good afternoon, Puan Laili.
  • Good evening, Encik Asraf.
  • Hello, Anu. How are you?
  • Welcome, everyone! Please come in.
  • Hi Sui Fan. It's lovely to see you again.
  • Hello, Melati. I'm fine. Thanks.
  • Hello! I'm fine. Thank You.
FESTIVE AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

  • Happy Deepavali.
  • Happy New Year.
  • Selamat Hari Raya.
  • Happy Birthday, mother.
  • Good lucks, boys!
  • All the best, Roshan!
MAKING INTRODUCTIONS.

  • Let me introduce myself. My name is Sui Cheng.
  • Linda, this is my aunt.
  • I'd like to introduce you to Peter.
  • Have you met Andy?
  • Nice to meet you.
  • It's a pleasure to meet you.
  • Hello, I'm Jaya. This is Umar.
SAYING GOODBYE
  • See you later!
  • See you tomorrow!
  • I'm so sorry, I got to rush off.
  • Bye! Have a lovely day.
  • All right, let's make a move.
  • I see you at the party later!
  • Well then, it's time to go.


SEEKING PERMISSION

  • Can I use your telephone.
  • May I speak to Dina, please?
  • Can I have a glass of water, please?
  • Could I go to the libry tomorrow?
  • Would it be alright if Izwan accompanied us to the shop?
INVITATION
  • Do you feel like watching a movie tomorrow?
  • Are you free on Saturday?
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • Would you like a sandwich?
  • Would you like to play football?
ACCEPTING AND DECLINING INVITATIONS
  • I'd love to.
  • Yes, that'd be fun.
  • Thank you, I'd like that.
  • Sure, I'd love to.
  • I'd love to but I have to finish my homework.
  • I'd like to but I'm visiting my cousin this weekend.
  • I can't make it to your party.
  • I'd to buy maybe another time.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
  • I'd to make an appointment to see the doctor, please.
  • Is it possible to make an appointment, please?
  • Can I make an appointment for tomorrow?
  • Mai I make an appointment with Mr. Farouq?
  • I want to make an appointment with the manager, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment